Verity by Colleen Hoover

 Lowen is a struggling writer who gets hired to ghost write for best-selling author Verity Crawford. Verity was in an accident leaving her physically and mentally incapacitated, and her husband Jeremy invited Lowen to stay in their home and read through Verity’s materials to help her pick up where Verity left off. As Lowen spends more time in the house, she falls for Jeremy and discovers writing belonging to Verity full of terrifying admissions regarding the death of both of Jeremy’s daughters. This book had me nervous to sleep at night after reading a few chapters, and I enjoyed the story for the most part even if some of it was downright unbelievable. I will say I hated the ending and that made me like the story less as a whole, but I do think it’s still worth a read.

Popular posts from this blog

The Women by Kristen Hannah

Disney Adults: Exploring (And Falling In Love With) A Magical Subculture by A.J. Wolfe

Black Noise by Tricia Rose