The Inmate by Frieda McFadden

 I always find McFadden’s books to be easy, entertaining quick reads. The same can be said of The Inmate. Brooke Sullivan decides to move back home to upstate New York after the death of her parents. She moves into her childhood home, but the only job she can find is at the local men’s maximum-security prison as a nurse practitioner. It shouldn’t be too bad, but one of the inmates is her ex-high school sweetheart and the man she put in prison for her attempted murder. Now Brooke must face the man she once loved, the father of her child, and the man who murdered her friends and attempted to murder her. But Brooke will soon learn that what she remembers may not be the whole truth after all. I enjoyed reading this book but I did find Brooke to be a bit annoying of a character. So many things were obvious and in her face, but she continually failed to see them. I wish her character was a bit more likeable.

Popular posts from this blog

The Women by Kristen Hannah

Disney Adults: Exploring (And Falling In Love With) A Magical Subculture by A.J. Wolfe

Black Noise by Tricia Rose