Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King

 As one of Stephen King's first attempts at a crime/mystery/thriller genre book, I would say that King's style speaks for itself. I am a thriller genre enthusiast and think that Mr. Mercedes was a great read. The cat/ mouse game between the protagonist, retired Detective Hodges and Brady, the boy responsible for all the murders is one of the more thrilling relationships I have read in Stephen King's books. The reader is gets a switch off between both Hodges point of view and Brady's point of view as the story unfolds on the Detective starting to lose his mind trying to track down who the Mercedes killer is. Not only does Stephen King paint the antagonist as a young adult boy with malicious intent but also creates a character that the reader cannot help but feel empathetic towards. Do not get me wrong, as bad as I felt for this character, he is responsible for some pretty atrocious acts. It is a great thriller with a few "did not expect that" moments and as this book is part of a trilogy, I am excited to pick up the title that follows the cliffhanger at the end of this book.

Popular posts from this blog

The Women by Kristen Hannah

Disney Adults: Exploring (And Falling In Love With) A Magical Subculture by A.J. Wolfe

Black Noise by Tricia Rose