The Institute by Stephen King

 One of Stephen King’s more recent thrillers, it was a book I couldn’t not put down until I read it through to the end. A modern day sci-fi thriller with so much action, it felt like a movie was playing in my head with the way King was able to fill the pages. It revolves around a smart twelve year old boy who has special powers. The boy is taken from his life, kidnapped and placed in this institute with children alike with the same abilities. The interchanging point of views of all the children and their journey and trauma of being held in this institute is remarkable. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in a thrilling action sci-fi book!

Popular posts from this blog

The Women by Kristen Hannah

Disney Adults: Exploring (And Falling In Love With) A Magical Subculture by A.J. Wolfe

Christmas at the Nantucket Restaurant by Pamela Kelley